Recovery of Low-grade Heat Waste (150° C)
- Energy Efficiency: Recovering and utilising low-grade waste heat enhances the overall energy efficiency of the steel production process. This results in reduced energy consumption, which in turn lowers operational costs and environmental impact.
- Resource Conservation: Converting waste heat into usable energy resources help conserve valuable natural resources that would otherwise be used to generate the energy required for various processes. There can also be cost savings here.
- Environmental Impact: By optimising the recovery and utilisation of waste heat, Tata Steel aims to reduce its carbon footprint and other environmental emissions associated with energy consumption.
- The heat recovery system should capture and convert low-grade waste heat (150-200 degrees Celsius) into usable energy to power equipment or for heating purposes. Your solution should include an integrated process that optimises the utilisation of waste heat within the steel production facility itself.
- Technologies like thermoelectric generators, Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) systems, and heat pumps to efficiently convert waste heat into electricity can be explored. Integration should minimise interference with the existing plant setup as much as possible.
- The solution should be able to achieve one of the following:> Heat-to-Power (ideal)> Heat-to-Heat
Resources and incentives
Check out the recording from our Info Session, where Tata Steel shared more about their challenge statement.
Market Potential / Business Opportunity
There could be potential cross-deployment opportunities at different Tata Steel facilities.
The ideal startup partner would be between TRL level 5-8. This would help Tata Steel quickly conduct a POC / pilot.
Making Your Application
Before you make an application, you will need to register an account on our platform. You will receive a confirmation email upon registration.
Once done, you may proceed to submit your application with your credentials. You can also save your application as a draft if need.