SOIC 2023 Open Category for Climate Change domains
- Carbon capture, utilisation and storage solutions; and
- Emerging renewable energy (e.g. green hydrogen, wind/tidal energy).
Opportunities for applicants of SOIC 2023 Open Category
Innovators applying to the SOIC 2023 Open Category for the domains stated above will be automatically entered into TLC, so you do not have to apply for SOIC 2023 and TLC separately. The applications will then be evaluated under both SOIC 2023 and TLC. You will also stand a chance to win prizes and access opportunities from both challenges.
- Automatic entry to TLC (Climate Change track), with an opportunity to compete for the TLC prizes (S$1 million for Climate Change track and other potential investments);
- An opportunity to compete for a S$75,000 cash prize, sponsored by Hexagon Group under SOIC 2023;
- Exposure to the Amplifier programme, organised by Temasek Trust ecosystem entities; Philanthropy Asia Alliance (PAA) and the Centre for Impact Investing and Practices (CIIP), with an opportunity to be invited to apply to participate as mentees to gain access to catalytic capital, mentorship, commercial opportunities, and professional services support; and
- Exposure to growth catalysts, such as VCs, through SOIC 2023 partners and events.
More on SOIC 2023 Open Category domains
- Revolutionary technology-based carbon capture, utilisation and storage solutions that effectively capture and convert carbon emissions into useful products, for example, building materials, reclamation sand, or synthetic fuels
- Low-carbon solutions for energy, urban infrastructure, transport and logistics that generate cost-effective energy from renewable sources, for example, hydrogen, wind, and tidal energy
- Solutions that significantly reduce the carbon emissions produced by industries and buildings, for example, cooling systems
- Solutions that drastically reduce the negative impact of climate change, for example, mitigating extreme heat and urban heat island effect
- Carbon negative in the overall lifecycle and have zero or minimal externalities;
- Technology-based (physical or chemical);
- Commercially viable and scalable; and
- Feasible to conduct a pilot in Singapore or within Southeast Asia
Check out the recording from our Info Session, where we shared more about the Open Category.
Making Your Application
Before you make an application, you will need to register an account on our platform. You will receive a confirmation email upon registration.
Once done, you may proceed to submit your application with your credentials. You can also save your application as a draft if need.