Sustainable Packaging for Domestic Appliance Products
- First, the proposed alternative must be demonstrably more sustainable than EPS as a packaging material. This refers to the ease of recycling and minimisation of environmental impact, using the German Packaging Act as a guide (on recyclability). It should also comply with relevant environmental regulations and standards governing packaging materials.
- Jointly important is safety standards: the sustainable packaging must provide the same or improved protection during transportation of the goods (demonstrated via drop test, chemical test, vibration test, climate test and stacking test).
- The new packaging should be equal or less than current volume taken by EPS packaging. Any (small) increment would be considered against a probable increment in logistics cost.
- The price should be comparable to EPS and competitive with other market offerings.
- Lidl & Kaufland Asia will also consider the scalability of the solution: how the proposed packaging might be made available for their current contract manufacturers in China, and whether new capital expenditure is required for their production lines
Resources and incentives
Check out the recording from our Info Session, where Lidl & Kaufland Asia shared more about their challenge statement.
Market Potential / Business Opportunity
Making Your Application
Before you make an application, you will need to register an account on our platform. You will receive a confirmation email upon registration.
Once done, you may proceed to submit your application with your credentials. You can also save your application as a draft if need.